Laser Treatment of
failing dental implants (Periimplantitis)
Laser Assisted Peri-Implantitis Procedure (LAPIP) protocol!
The LAPIP protocol is a laser-based treatment for implants to help save diseased implants and make them healthier in the mouth.
There is no cutting and suturing with the LAPIP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to flap surgery used to attempt to augment the bone surrounding the implant.
Generally, the LAPIP procedure is less invasive than traditional surgery with less tissue retraction allowing the maintenance of a beautiful smile line.
The LAPIP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment that can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
Some of the Patient Benefits:
• Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
• No Cut, No Sew, No Fear – the LAPIP protocol uses laser light energy to eliminate the bacteria that cause implant disease, and help your mouth recover faster
• Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
• Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
• Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
If you have been presented a plan for your mouth that you are not comfortable with, call us for a second opinion.
We can help you save your implants. Give us a call to set up your consultation - it could be just the treatment you've been looking for!